Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 13 part 2

Today after my normal time at the prosecution office I was scheduled for my last ride along. Today I was with officer verdonck. Her and I were on the red light detail which meant we were mainly focused on people that went through red lights. We were parked in a school parking lot next to a light where there was a sign that stated no right on red, but even with us being within 50 feet of it people still went right on red. it was funny when officer verdonck would come back to the car and tell me that they denied doing it or that they didn't know they couldn't even though it was clearly stated they couldn't. Also they went through the red light without even stopping before going right which made it worse for them.

2 comments:

  1. Right on reed can be confusing...but we all need to look at sign postings and certainly not roll through red lights. Good basic traffic patrol work. You have seen and learned a great deal. Great job Derek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britner! You have compiled a wonderful collection of stories. Can't wait to see you back on campus!

    ReplyDelete